The goal of the U.S. Department of Energy's Sustainable Acquisition is to help DOE sites recognize the value of environmentally preferable products (especially those with attributes specified by Congress: biobased/recycled content, energy/water efficient, alternative fuels/vehicles, and non-ozone depleting) and transition to them as quickly as possible.
Within DOE, the responsibility for purchasing products specified by Congress is spread among multiple offices and within those offices multiple organizations, each with the same need to promote the purchase of a preferred product. Staff in each of the offices responsible for a particular preferred product initiated an informal Preferred Procurement Partnership to leverage our common efforts and give DOE sites consistent sources of information, such as quarterly teleconferences and reporting Web sites, joint strategic plans and awards programs, identifying purchasers and users (green teams), technology transfer, and technical support for problem solving.
The offices comprising the Preferred Procurement Partnership are:
Office of Health, Safety and Security (HS)
- Sustainable Acquisition and Biobased/Recycled Content Purchasing Program (Office of Sustainability Support) - Don Lentzen
- Federal Electronics Stewardship Program (Office of Sustainability Support) - Jeff Eagan
- Green House Gas Emissions/Non-Ozone Depleting Substances (Office of Sustainability Support) - Josh Silverman
Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE)
- Alternative Fuels/Vehicles (Office of Federal Energy Management Program) - Brad Gustafson
- Water Efficient Products (Office of the Federal Energy Management Program) - Stephen Walder
- High Performance and Sustainable Buildings (Office of the Federal Energy Management Program) - Anne Crawley
- Water Efficient Products - Will Lintner
Office of Procurement and Assistance Management (ME)
- Procurement (Office of Procurement and Assistance Management Policy) - Richard Langston
Send all comments, technical questions, and requests for password access to:
HSS User Support