FEOSH Annual Safety Training
The Department of Energy (DOE) has developed an annual safety training course that
is mandatory for all current DOE Federal employees and for each new hire. This online
course presents safety awareness information and resources that every DOE Federal
employee should be familiar with. Successful completion is accomplished by logging
onto the course, following the course and answering knowledge self-checks along the way,
and scoring above 66 percent on the final exam. This training can be completed in less than
an hour by most employees. Every DOE Federal employee, without exception, is expected to
complete this course annually. If the Federal Employee Occupational Safety and Health
(FEOSH) Orientation was previously completed this year, then this year's requirement is satisfied.
- To find and take the FEOSH course, please follow the instructions below.
(You may also download and read the PDF document "Accessing NTC Online Courses" found on
the right side of the National Training Center (NTC) home page,
http://ntc.doe.gov. Even though the FEOSH course is not an
NTC course, the instructions for accessing the course are the same.)
Instructions for taking the FEOSH course:
- Log in to the OLCē under your Learner record at https://olc2.energy.gov/ (If you do not have a Learner record, contact the NTC Registration Department at (505) 845 - 5170, ext. 310.
- From your Home page (first page after you log in to the OLCē), find and click the link; ?View all available online items? (Note: All learners with access to the DOE and/or NTC catalogs will have access to the course in this manner)
- Locate the FEOSH course from the list of online courses (or do a catalog search for course SAF-100DE)
- Select and click on the FEOSH course
- Click "Launch Content"
- When the course opens, read the instructions page. You will be required to click the link that redirects you to the FEOSH course.
- When you have successfully completed the FEOSH course, you will receive a completion code. You must return to the instructions page, click the "Course Completion" button, type or paste in your completion code, and click "Submit."
- You will then receive a completion on your Learning History in the OLCē and may print a completion certificate immediately.
DOE recently implemented an effort to enhance safety and health within the agency.
As one step in this effort to enhance employee safety, the Office of Health, Safety and
Security (HSS) has developed a standardized FEOSH training program to ensuring that every
DOE Federal employee receives the same basic safety training.
FEOSH program requirements were established by Executive Order 12196, by Federal law
(Section 19(a) of the Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1970, as amended), and under
Federal regulation (29 C.F.R. 1960 Elements for Federal Employee Occupational Safety and
Health Programs). Under these requirements, each Federal agency is required to develop
and implement a safety and health program that is designed to protect its federal employees
from workplace hazards, illnesses, and injuries.
Although FEOSH programs have been implemented and training has been on-going for a
number of years in DOE, there is an opportunity to enhance the training effort across
the complex. The first step will be to utilize a standardized training to support recent
strides to improve the safety and health of DOE's Federal workforce. Much of this course's
content may already be familiar to you and if so, you are encouraged to approach the
course as an opportunity to refresh past training.
Technical problems with the data base, connectivity, course completion or printing a
certificate of completion may be addressed to the OLC2 Technical Support at (202) 586-3607 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.