ErgoEASER Software Download
NOTE: (Not Compatible with Window VISTA or Windows 7)
ErgoEASER Software Available
to Analyze and Solve Ergonomic Hazards
Ergonomics Education, Awareness, System Evaluation and
Recording, ErgoEASER, is a software package that has
been developed to aid in identifying, evaluating, and
preventing work-related musculoskeletal disorders. Evaluating
video-display terminal (VDT) workstations and lifting
task design, ErgoEASER offers suggestions on how to
address ergonomic hazards and reduce worker disabilities.
The Department of Energy, Pacific Northwest National
Laboratory, and other agencies combined efforts to develop
this innovative software.
Consisting of three interactive components, Getting
Started, Awareness and Reporting, and Analysis, ErgoEASER
supports the examination of a potentially hazardous
workstation. Getting Started supplies an overview
and background information on ErgoEASER and occupational
ergonomics. Awareness and Reporting provides examples
and photographs to help identify ergonomic hazards
in the workplace. Analysis uses models of good practice
and actual data from the local situation to evaluate
VDT workstations and lifting tasks, and recommends
solutions for the specific local ergonomic hazards.
ErgoEASER is available for PC-compatible computers
running Microsoft Windows. The software includes the
User's Guide. For more information, contact David
Weitzman (HS-11) at (301) 903-5401 or e-mail (David
Federal Agencies and their contractors may obtain
a Government Licensed version of ErgoEASER 2.0 from
the U. S. Department of Energy's centralized software
management facility (Energy Science and Technology
Software Center http://www.osti.gov/estsc/).
ErgoEASER 2.0 contains a Computer Based Training component
in addition to the three components described above.
- To download and use ErgoEASER, you must have Administrative rights to your computer. If you do not have Administrative rights, you will need support from your computer hardware technical support team to activate the software. Also take note of the system requirements. You need to have a computer running Windows XP.
When downloading, note the directory to which you are
downloading the software.
You should create a temporary
directory (i.e., C:\temp\ergo) to download and decompress
the files into.
- This software program download is 9 MB in size, depending upon the speed of your network connection; below are some of the approximate download times.
- » 56Kbps = 23 minutes
- » 128Kbps = 10 minutes
- » 256Kbps = 5 minutes
- » 512Kbps = 2 minutes
- » 768Kbps = 1 minutes
- » 1+ Mbps = < minute
- The program you downloaded is in the Zip file format and contains a self-extracting file (.exe). Once you download ergoesr.zip, you will need to decompress the file to extract the .exe. In Windows XP, go to the download location (i.e., C:\temp\ergo) and right click on the file and select "Extract All"; follow the instructions of the Compressed Folders Extraction Wizard.
Once the .exe has been extracted you need to execute it. From the Explorer in Windows XP, double-click the .exe file to decompress the ErgoEASER files.
- This installation does not currently finish on
Windows XP without an additional file
named Asymgrid.vbx. Download ASYMGRID.zip.
Open the Asymgrid.zip folder to obtain Asymgrid.vbx
and place it in your C:\windows\system directory.
- Once you have extracted the files, from the File
Manager in Windows XP
double-click Setup to install ErgoEASER.
- The Setup program will ask you for an installation
option: Full (install everything) or Custom (select
portions to install) and the target directory for
If you need further assistance please contact us