Action Items from the
DOE-VPP Steering Committee Meeting/Teleconference
of February 10, 2005
ACTION ITEMS 1 & 2: [Lily Alexander]
1. The final dated/signed Charter along with a current listing of Steering Committee members will be forwarded to all Committee members.
2. The following revisions to committee member information on page 4 of the Charter will be made and forwarded to members:
a. Change Yvonne Gentry’s fax number
b. Will Woods replaces Dan Kelly
c. Change in Ted Pietrok’s e-mail address
d. Change in fax number for Charles White
Status: Actions 1 & 2 were completed on 02-14-05
ACTION ITEM 3: [Steve Singal]
3. Solicit votes for Chairperson and alternate chairperson nominees. Tabulate voting and announce Chairperson & alternate chairperson.
The Steering Committee members nominated Mr. Noble Atkins, Ms. Carol Henning and Yvonne Gentry as candidates for the positions of Chairperson & alternate chairperson of the Committee Subsequent voting by the Committee membership elected Mr. Noble Atkins as Chairperson of the Steering Committee and Ms. Carol Henning as alternate Chairperson.
Status: Completed. Mr. Noble Atkins elected as Chairperson of the Steering Committee and Ms. Carol Henning as alternate Chairperson.
ACTION ITEM 4: [Lily Alexander-lead; team supporting]
4. DOE EH is working on a formal Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) between DOE and VPPPA regarding the DOE electronic VPP initiative (e-VPP). DOE-VPP HQ Team will follow-up and coordinate/scheduled the formal signing of the MOA between DOE and VPPPA senior management as well as a video conference for field participation.
Status: Pending EH-1 concurrence and schedule coordination of event date.
ACTION ITEM 5: [Lily Alexander]
5. DOE EH is working on a formal Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) between DOE and VPPPA regarding the DOE electronic VPP initiative (e-VPP). A copy of the “draft” (unsigned) MOA will be forwarded to the Committee members.
Status: Completed 02-10-05 – draft MOA forwarded to Steering Committee members.
ACTION ITEM 6: [Dave Smith]
6. Several members suggested that calls to Field Office Managers from EH-3 (F. Russo) have been successful in the past and would help to gain the required funding approval from FOMs for travel associated with the reviews and conferences (i.e., annual VPPPA conference). Due to budget constraints at HQ and the Field, the funding is otherwise not supported. A memorandum will be prepared for Frank Russo’s signature to the field office managers and EM and NNSA senior managers requesting their support of the DOE-VPP including funding of travel associated with reviews and conferences.
Status: Pending. Memorandum drafted and correspondence submitted to Mr. Russo
ACTION ITEM 7: [Dave Smith]
7. Several members expressed concern that the DOE’s newly proposed rulemaking for 10 CFR Part 851 does not address multi-employer job site prevalence at DOE sites, nor does it identify any exemptions from inspections for DOE-VPP Star sites. OSHA does provide VPP Star sites with exemption from routine or scheduled inspections. Committee members were encouraged to review the proposed Rule and place comments on the official docket. Committee members requested that the proposed rule as well as any comments submitted earlier in relation to VPP be provided to them.
Status: Completed 02-11-05
ACTION ITEM 8: [Dave Smith]
8. Yvonne Gentry suggested that the VPP Guidance Manuals be placed in the DOE Directive System. She stated that this would be an effective method of change control and ensure that no single individual or office would attempt to unilaterally change the program documents and procedures. Dave Smith concurred with Yvonne’s proposal and stated that in the past some individuals had attempted to unilaterally change the program without input from the field or the participating organizations. Dave Smith will develop a proposed path forward on this for the Steering Committee’s consideration.
Status: Developing proposal
ACTION ITEM 9: [Steve Singal]
9. Next two teleconferences are to be scheduled for April and July 2005. Steve Singal has agreed to arrange the next two teleconferences following consultation with the elected Chair.
Status: To be determined