1) How to Obtain R for Windows
If you are Using a Mac, Linux,
or Unix go to the R web site for instructions
If you DO NOT have Administrator permission on
your PC you will need assistance from a Systems Administrator.
If this is the case, ask the Systems Administrator
to complete the following steps.
After the following steps
have been completed by someone
you can proceed with with steps 2-3 On
The Main Page
The installer is now called R-2.9.1-win32.exe and
by default installs into (the local equivalent of)
- To obtain the Windows Version of R 2.9.1 visit The Comprehensive R Archive Network. Click on "Windows" and then click on "base".
- Under the heading "Other Builds"click on "previous releases" and select R 2.9.1 or earlier version to obtain the compiled binary file. Review the instructions in the "Installation and other instructions" link. Please look at the links [R FAQ] and [R windows FAQ].
- Download R (right click on R-2.9.1 for Windows); select "Save Link Target As.." and save it to your Desktop, or other location.
- Double Click on R-2.9.1-win32.exe., and select all the default options. This will install R in standard location ( C:\Program Files\R\R-2.9.1).
- An R-Icon (short cut) should appear on your desktop after installation. If not, create a short cut to C:\Program Files\R\R-2.9.1\bin\Rgui.exe.
- Download sand_1.4.tar.gz for self install on Mac or Linux.